Attic Cleaning, after a Nuisance Wildlife Problem.
If you have had a wildlife problem in your attic, it is important to take the following steps to ensure that your attic is clean and safe:
1. Remove any animals that may still be in the attic: Before you begin cleaning, make sure that any animals that may still be in the attic are removed safely and humanely. This should be done by a professional wildlife removal service.
2. Inspect for damage: Once the animals have been removed, inspect the attic for any damage they may have caused. This may include chewed wires, torn insulation, or damaged ductwork.
3. Remove contaminated insulation: If the animals have left droppings or urine in the attic, it may be necessary to remove and replace any contaminated insulation.
4. Disinfect the area: After the contaminated insulation is removed, the attic should be thoroughly disinfected to kill any remaining bacteria or viruses. This can be done using a commercial disinfectant or a mixture of bleach and water.
5. Seal any entry points: To prevent future wildlife problems, it is important to seal any entry points that the animals may have used to access the attic. This may include gaps in the roof or walls, broken vents, or openings around pipes or cables.
6. Install deterrents: Finally, consider installing deterrents such as motion-activated lights or sound devices to discourage wildlife from returning to the attic.
It is important to note that attic cleaning after a wildlife problem can be dangerous and should only be done by trained professionals. If you are unsure of how to proceed, contact us, Wildlife Removal eof Atlanta, for a free Inspection and Quote.