Tips for squirrel removal
Tips For Removing Squirrels from your Attic
Removing squirrels from the attic can be a challenging process, but here are some general steps that you can take:
1. Identify the entry points: Inspect your attic to determine where the squirrels are entering and exiting. Look for holes, gaps, or other openings that they may be using to get in and out.
2. Block the entry points: Once you have identified the entry points, you should block them to prevent the squirrels from getting back in. Use materials such as steel wool, hardware cloth or sheet metal to block the openings. Be sure to seal all potential entry points as squirrels can fit through very small openings.
3. Install a one-way exclusion device: A one-way exclusion device is a device that allows squirrels to leave the attic but prevents them from returning. You can purchase one-way exclusion devices or make your own with materials such as wire mesh or PVC pipe.
4. Wait for the squirrels to leave: Once the one-way exclusion device is in place, wait for the squirrels to leave the attic. This can take a few days, so be patient.
5. Seal the entry points: Once you are sure that all the squirrels have left the attic, remove the exclusion device and permanently seal the entry points.
6. Clean up the attic: Squirrels can leave a mess in the attic, so it’s important to clean up any droppings, urine, or other debris left behind. Wear protective gear such as gloves and a mask while cleaning.
It’s important to note that the process of removing squirrels from the attic can be dangerous, especially if you are dealing with a large infestation or if the squirrels have been in the attic for a long time. It’s best to hire a Trapper from, Wildlife Removal Specialist of Atlanta to handle the job safely and effectively.
Currently offering 10 percent off all Full Wildlife Exclusions, up to 250.00.
Schedule your appointment today, 770-895-6202.